I am having the same issue but I never modified any 'conf file'. I am
attempting to install Windows 7 Pro 64bit. The VM starts and I get the
"Starting Windows" animating/glowing icon, which loops forever but no progress
ever gets made beyond that.

I am at a loss as what to do, seeing that I've followed all instructions
carefully and have no interactivity at this stage of the process. Thanks.