On Fri, Jan 06, 2017 at 04:18:05PM -0800, kuggh...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, November 14, 2016 at 4:34:47 AM UTC+1, David Schissler wrote:
> > https://tylercipriani.com/blog/2016/11/13/coreboot-on-the-thinkpad-x220-with-a-raspberry-pi/
>
> Hi David and list, I followed this guide but could not boot Qubes after
> installing Coreboot 4.5.
>
> Expected behavior:
>
> Booting from disk after bios stage.
> The following log from coreboot shows the same system successfully booting on
> a (non XEN) live distribution (Tails):
> https://paste.debian.net/hidden/fdc9fc95/
>
> Note: To add debug prints I had to build another coreboot flash with
> spkrmodem hence the differing versions and dates. The behavior trying to boot
> Qubes from disk was the same on both versions of coreboot.
> Actual behavior:
>
> Coreboot SeaBIOS cursor blinks OS does not start.
>
> Output is:
> Press ESC for boot menu.
> (pressing ESC)
> Select boot device:
>
>     AHCI/0: INTEL SSDSA2BW160G3L ATA-8 Hard-Disk (149 GiBytes)
>     USB MSC Drive Kingston DataTraveler 3.0 PMAP
>     iPXE (PCI 00:19.0)
>     (pressing 1)
>
> Booting from Hard Disk...
> Cursor keeps blinking, nothing boots.
> The following log from coreboot shows a boot failure trying to boot the
> successfully installed Qubes OS R3.2 from disk:
> https://paste.debian.net/906598/
> Steps to reproduce the behavior:
>
>     Install coreboot 4.5 with SeaBIOS payload on Lenovo Thinkpad x220
>     1.2 Turn on debuging using either spkrmodem (and record/wait for about 5
> hours for bios to boot) or use a EHCI debugger
> (https://www.coreboot.org/EHCI_Debug_Port). Configure either:
> CONFIG_HAVE_USBDEBUG=y || CONFIG_SPKMODEM=y
>     Install Qubes 3.2 on disk.
>     Boot from disk in SeaBIOS.

SeaBIOS implements "legacy boot" protocol, not UEFI. So you need to
install system in legacy mode.
As already suggested, running grub2-install (after installing the tool
first) should be enough. You can boot from installation image to do that
(choose rescue mode).

- --
Best Regards,
Marek Marczykowski-Górecki