On Sunday, January 8, 2017 at 12:14:17 PM UTC-5, Grzesiek Chodzicki wrote:
> W dniu niedziela, 8 stycznia 2017 18:03:47 UTC+1 użytkownik Andrew David Wong
> napisał:
>
> Hello Andrew,
>
> The issue still occurs after disabling autostart of the sys-usb AppVM.

Did you make sure you followed these directions?
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/external-audio/

what type of bios boot are you using?  Try legacy boot.    How much ram does
your system have?

What if you just remove the sys-usb and try booting qubes without it while
device is attached?

Did you create it manually?  After removing the sys-usb vm then rebooting and
seeing if qubes boots with the usb attached. Then recreate sys-usb using qubes
commands
qubesctl top.enable qvm.sys-usb
qubesctl state.highstate
and repeat audio device instructions.

Try disabling vt-d to identify the bios iommu as possibly the problem.
Doublecheck bios options.