Hi,

On 28.11.2016 03:09, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:
On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 01:46:26PM +0100, qu...@posteo.de wrote:
I am planning to setup my templates with salt. I have done some preparation some time ago but not with the Fedora 24 templates I thought it was time to
do it properly.

One of the issues is that the minimal template can not use salt by default afaik but needs the package "qubes-mgmt-salt" which needs to be installed
manually.

If you want to manage it from dom0, using qubesctl wrapper tool, you
don't need salt installed in target template at all. See here:

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/salt/

When I try to do this on the Fedora 24 minimal template I get a conflict between the packages qubes-mgmt-salt-config and salt-minion. The conflicting files are /etc/salt and /etc/salt/minion.d. Is this known or is there a
workaround for it besides forcing the installation?

As noted above - you don't need qubes-mgmt-salt-config installed.
Neither salt-minion.

The only think you need, is qubes-mgmt-salt-vm-connector in your
_default_ template.

so I have installed the fedora-24-minimal-template package in Dom0, in the template I have installed the package "qubes-mgmt-salt-vm-connector". But everytime I run `qubesctl --template state.highstate` to install the packages the template is started but the packages are not installed. I did not find a conclusive error in the logs.

The template is cloned though, so the configuration is activated. Do I miss any package or configuration?

I am using the following configuration:

Top file:
######

base: