Pushpins4u wrote:
> When I try this process now, the PDF conversion progress window gets
> to like 95% full and then hangs.  I'm notified that a script appears
> to have hung and asked if it should be terminated.  This is happening
> consistently with the same PDF.

Does it only fail with *this* PDF (ie. you are still able to convert
other pdfs)?

It seems a problem with this specific pdf. pdf is a complex
specification so it's not that strange that there could be some special
case where the processor could apparently hang (I'm sure it's possible
to create a pdf requiring much more memory than could be available, for
instance).
If it's not confidential, the way to figure out why it fails would
involve sharing it with some dev...