On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 1:41:20 AM UTC-5, John Smith wrote:
> I just installed i3wm and it switches my 2 displays from extended to
> mirrored. In effort to fix this, I wrote a simple script called rc.local
> containing the following commands:
>
> xrandr --output DP-1 --auto
> xrandr --output VGA-1 --right-of DP-1
> xrandr --output VGA-1 --mode 1920x1080
>
> The script works fine when I execute it manually from the terminal (I've
> already done chmod+x). However, at the end of my /etc/i3/config file i added
> the line:
>
> exec /etc/rc.local
>
> I added this line to automatically run the script when i reboot my computer
> but for some reason it doesn't work. I've tried it with single and double
> quotes as well as exec_always and --no-startup-id but nothing seems to work.
> Any ideas how I can get this working? I've also tried putting the commands
> directly into the config without calling the script but that didn't work
> either. Even echo test >> /tmp/testfile didn't output anything. Any ideas
> would be much appreciated, thanks.

wouldn't it just work like a normal baremetal linux system? I been using
windows so much lately right now I'm drawing a blank lol.  I think you got a
choice of whole whost of diff directories to try, google fedora.

last time I had to do this I made a .desktop file.  Does that work in xfce? I'm
not sure.