On Sunday, January 15, 2017 at 8:23:27 AM UTC+3, Chris Laprise wrote:
> On 01/13/2017 04:34 PM, *@gmail.com wrote:

> >> Found this commit.
> >> https://github.com/marmarek/qubes-core-agent-linux/commit/789eb511266d9e8bd812e40f952ec2bce6d7a414
> >>
> >> Managed to activate the qubes-ipv6 service (worked!) on the appvm, the
> >> firewallvm before the proxyvm, and the proxyvm.
> >>
> >> No budge, IPv6 still missing in action :(
> > isn't ipv6 unsafe?  You sure this is not by design in qubes? lol.  I'm
> > probably wrong don't mind me.
>
> Maybe 'naive' is a better word for ipv6 addressing.
>
> IIRC, ipv6 won't be officially supported until Qubes Release 4.
>
> Chris

Well, since I plan to move IPv6 only through the VPN (explicitly forbidding
forwarding via eth device a-la what is already done for ipv4 in "normal"
qubes-vpn-proxyvm documentation to prevent leaks) there are no security/privacy
issues for me (beyond risk associated with the VPN itself lol ;-) )

I kind of hoped we'll eventually see v6 in 3.2 too (isn't 3.2 "Qubes LTS"?)
https://www.qubes-os.org/news/2016/09/02/4-0-minimum-requirements-3-2-extended-support/