On Monday, January 16, 2017 at 7:04:18 PM UTC-5, Dan Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 4, 2016 at 3:10:17 PM UTC-4, habib.b...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I have a brand new Lenovo t450s I just bought for the purpose of installing
> > qubes onto it and I have thoroughly followed all the instructions
> >
> > Iam using a USB device which I used Rufus to instal the ISO image in DD
> > mode and then I went into xen.cfg and did exactly as instructions stated to
> > add
> >
> > mapbs=1
> > noexitboot=1
> >
> > To each kernel but it keeps getting stuck in boot loop
> >
> > Someone please help
> > Thanks
>
> I have exactly the same problem with a Lenovo T450.  After I set parameters
> in the BIOS screen per
>
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/thinkpad-troubleshooting/
>
> Qubes version 3.1 installed fine, but cannot wake up laptop after suspend.
> Tried to install Qubes 3.2 to fix this, but got stuck in UEFI loop same as
> post above while using USB memory stick for install.  I tried to follow the
> workaround described at this link:
>
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/uefi-troubleshooting/
>
> but there is no chainloader command I can find in the Qubes install menus.
> Please help.

To clarify my previous post: when I start to boot Qubes 3.2 from the USB memory
stick, I see the menu options as follows

Install Qubes R3.2
Test this media and install Qubes R3.2
Troubleshooting

When I choose "Troubleshooting" I get to a second menu as follows

Install Qubes R3.2 in basic graphics mode
Rescue a Qubes system
Run a memory test
Boot from local drive
Return to main menu

I don't see the menu item "Boot from device" as described in the link
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/uefi-troubleshooting/

Please suggest a way to get past the BIOS boot loop and install Qubes R3.2 on
my Lenovo T450.

Thanks!