On 2017-01-18 18:00, haxy wrote:

> You can do it the same way in dom0: by manually editing the file.
>
> For example:
>
> $ sudo vim /etc/yum.repos.d/qubes-dom0.repo (Edit the file, save,
> and close.)
>

> Thanks Andrew.  Using vim worked. :)
>
> Do you know why re-running the command, "sudo sed -i
> 's/yum.qubes-os.org/yum.qubesos4rrrrz6n4.onion/'
> /etc/yum.repos.d/qubes-dom0.repo && cat
> /etc/yum.repos.d/qubes-dom0.repo" did not work to overwrite the
> first incorrect address entry?  Curious if it's reproducible or
> something on my end only?

It's possible that 'yum.qubes-os.org' was no longer present in the
text and therefore couldn't be found in order to be replaced.

> Also, a couple of other questions.
>
> 1. Seems there are 2 distinct onion addresses that can be used for
> the qubes repos, "qubesos4rrrrz6n4.onion" or "whonix
> kkkkkkkkkk63ava6.onion". Is there any reason to prefer one over
> the other?

No, both point to the same server.

> 2. Which onion address should be used for Qubes website access?
> "http://qubesos4rrrrz6n4.onion/"; or
> "http://qubesosmamapaxpa.onion/";? Looks like the
> "qubesosmamapaxpa" site is not up to date.

http://qubesos4rrrrz6n4.onion/ should be used. We don't have any
control over http://qubesosmamapaxpa.onion/ (it appears to be updated
only infrequently).

- --