-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Redshift in dom0?
Local Time: January 23, 2017 10:22 AM
UTC Time: January 23, 2017 3:22 PM
From: kopimi.sekur...@gmail.com
To: qubes-users <qubes-users@googlegroups.com>
lo...@lorentrogers.com

On Monday, January 23, 2017 at 3:37:23 PM UTC+1, Loren Rogers wrote:
> What's the best way to install something like Redshift in dom0?

sudo qubes-dom0-update redshift

Then you can do: redshift -l lat:lon &
Then just to quickly test, maybe adjust the system time, and see how it turns
down the intensity of the screen.
Or a command-line switch to redshift.
Some say that redshift is too "red" in colour, you may want to experiment with
the settings.

Please let's know how it turns out!

Thanks for the info - this worked for me! I managed to get it to start at login
by creating a new item in System Tools > Session and Startup > Application
Autostart.

How secure is this considered? I assume that I'm trusting Redshift 100%,
because it's running in dom0. Is there any way to have this run in a
non-trusted way? (Redshift is pretty OK for now, but there may be other
services like this that I'd like to add later.)

Thanks again!
Loren