I appreciate this is probably not a Qubes specific question but given that I
couldn't find the answer on other threads and I suspect others on this
distribution list would be using a similar version of software I wanted to
check if this was a known issue/feature.

I am currently unable to paste the passphrase into the pin entry in Enigmail
when attempting to decrypt my messages. This worked a few weeks ago. Also, once
I manually type in the key, the password is not cached at all meaning I have to
type it in repeatedly for every message. Is there a way to change this
behaviour?

I am using Debian 8 on Qubes 3.2 with Enigmail 1.8.2 downloaded from the Debian
software packages as opposed to the Thunderbird / Icedove add ons.