On 01/31/2017 11:25 PM, Ted Brenner wrote:
Fortunately I was able to accomplish this using fdisk without having to install anything new. One thing I haven't been able to figure out though, when I attach it to one of my appVMs, I don't know where to find it. This page <https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/external-device-mount-point/> mentions /run/media/user/ but I don't see /run/media directory. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Thanks!

Attached volumes get named /dev/xvdi[1,2,3,...] /dev/xvdj[1,2,3,...]  etc.

Those are block devices. If they don't automatically show up in the sidebar of Files/nautilus, you need to mount them with a command like:
$ sudo mount /dev/xvdi1 /mnt/myvolume

Chris