On Saturday, 28 January 2017 01:17:35 UTC+11, Jarle Thorsen  wrote:
> søndag 1. januar 2017 21.17.39 UTC+1 skrev Robert Fisk følgende:
> > > Can anybody please confirm that it is indeed possible to have a lag-free
> > > Windows experience under QubesOS?
> > >

> > I work around the issue by using Remmina (or other RDP client) in an
> > appVM, and allowing IP forwarding in the firewall vm. This solution does
> > not suffer from increasing lag, and should be usable for everything
> > except gaming.
>
> After struggling with a very slow Win7 for a while (after pressing a mouse
> button there would be apx 1 second delay before any response from the GUI,
> moving/resizing windows was a drag) I finally tested RDP connection from a
> Fedora VM running Remmina:
>
> WOW! Now everything is snappy and usable again!
>
> Any idea what might cause the normal Windows HVM GUI to be so slow in
> comparison?
>
> Windows tools (latest version) is installed.

To give you a rough breakdown...

3.2.1.3 was working but they broke 3.2.2.3.

I have not received an update for Qubes Windows Tools yet.
I would recommend you go back to verson 3.2.1.3 if that isn't what is installed.

As for your resolution, it does make a difference with the way Qubes is
designed, and it does affect things. However the lag in it isn't because of
your resolution. I run multiple monitora in 1920 x 1080 and 1600x900 mode and I
have no issue with 3.2.1.3 and lag like in 3.2.2.3.

Every time I post letting them know there is an issue, or to find if there is a
workaround, it gets ignored. So, in relation to Windows, I can only guess that
they just don't have enough time to assess all the critical bugs before they
release an update, and they can't get it updated fast enough to please everyone.

So the critical bugs stay on the back burner while they sort out the tiny small
ones until they can get the larger ones sorted out.

If you are having great issue with it, uninstall the tools, and do NOT install
the video driver. Then you will have no issue with the latest version. No
seamless mode, but it will run just fine with 2 threads and 4 GB RAM with ease.
You can even have Win7 at 1 thread and 2 GB RAM if you so want.