Hello.

This is definitely an offtopic for this mailing list, but since a lot
of people concerned on security here - I ask for recomendations.

Since this is offtopic - please prefer direct email answers.

I've two old netbooks (those slow laptops that were popular years ago)  and need
to organize relatively secure setup for person to person
communications between these two over internet. What is the most
secure solution for that old slow processing units currently?

Whishlist:

required:
1) linux based
2) plasible deniability
3) luks encription support
4) minimal GUI
5) boot from external usb media shouldn't be a problem
6) good security history and concerned on security

optional:
7) i2p & tor ready out of the box
8) not a Linux from scratch based (not gentoo or similar)

Security tools:

9) usb bootable solution for "check hash and answer: disk and BIOS
readable areas did not change since last boot" even if that is damn
slow.

10) your advise :)

Is there any chances to organize any sort of protection from cold boot
attacks or only real life "keep that computing box out of anyone by
phisically locking access to the unit"?

--
Bye.Olli.
gpg --search-keys grey_olli , use key w/ fingerprint below: