On Thu, Feb 09, 2017 at 02:37:36AM -0800, damien.wa...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new into qubes (few months) and find it great. But I need a distro with
> newer packages (debian jessie was fine until I ran in issues with encfs
> compatibility).
>
> So I wanted to build an ubuntu template but I did not found clear
> instructions.
>
> using https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-builder and the setup script, I do not
> get ubuntu to choose in the menu.
>
> On this forum, there is few posts about it but using privaze repo.
>
> I really need help on this :-)
>
> Best regards,
>
> Damien

Hi Damien,

The Ubuntu builds are referenced in setup as Trusty and Xenial.

I've just put in a series of Pull Requests that should allow
straightforward builds of both.
Wait a little while for them to be merged.

It should then be a matter of:
git clone  https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-builder
cd qubes-builder
./setup
make qubes-vm
make template

Copy generated Template to dom0 and install - there's a handy script
provided to do this for you.

I'll let you know when the PRs are merged. Focus at the moment is on
the GSOC applications.

unman