On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 10:51 PM, Fabrizio Romano Genovese
<themasterofdisast...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I have considered it, yes, and it's true that launching many terminals
> can be resource intensive. But it's also faster:  Using & I can launch all
> the terminals at the same time, while cycling as in the script you linked I
> should wait for the previous update process to finish.

Not if you just background the process, like:

for dom in templateA templateB ...; do
    qvm-run -p -u root some-template 'dnf update' &
done

Anyway... the code you're looking for is here:
https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-core-agent-linux/blob/master/qubes-rpc/qubes.InstallUpdatesGUI