As a generalization of my previous question:

I've seen screenshots (Joanna's:
https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/10212863/16384754/7e131672-3c8a-11e6-8fc7-62bf9a1d90bf.png)
where a section of the panel seems to be showing the XFCE menubar from
another VM, such as sys-firewall. Perhaps I'm interpreting the colors
wrong, but I can't seem to figure out how to accomplish this. Does
anyone have any tips?