On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 12:14:52AM +0100, u+q...@bestemt.no wrote:
> hawk...@bitmessage.ch <hawk...@bitmessage.ch> [2017-02-17 22:10 +0100]:
> > You could add a new "launcher" button to the XFCE panel, and for it's
> > execute command, follow this example for the tor browser (under section:
> > How to use Tor Browser behind TorVM), but other applications should
> > work in the same way:
> > https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/torvm/
>
> Thanks, but I don't see how something similar can be accomplished in i3,
> which I'm using.

Well you haven't said how you intend to add launcher commands to your
i3.
What HawKing has shown you is a template for the command that you need
to run in dom0 to launch programs in a dispVM:
"echo <command> | /usr/lib/qubes/qfile-daemon-dvm qubes.VMShell dom0 DEFAULT
red"

You could create desktop files based on the existing ones that you will
find in /usr/local/share/applications