Hi,

is there a way to disable autostart for sys-net? Unticking the checkbox
(including VMs which might trigger a sys-net start) doesn't work. Also, what
are the security implications of doing this? Would network devices not in use
by sys-net appear in dom0?

I'm trying to upgrade from 3.1 to 3.2 since the first RCs but the new version
somehow behaves bat shit crazy on my system (6440HQ, I/O MMU and HAP/SLAT
active on 3.1). As this is my main system and support for 3.1 comes to an end
soon I finally need to find a solution somehow.

I was able to install und boot 3.2 by not creating the standard VMs in the post
installer setup tool. I created the sys-net VM manually and was able to
start/stop it without issues.

Since I created the net VM I'm unable to boot anymore. It hangs during the
sys-net startup. The error message I get after a few minutes is:

BUG: soft lockup - CPU#1 stuck for 22s! [libvirtd:1769]

Anyone knows how to debug or fix this? The VM worked fine when started after
the system was fully booted, it just fails if started during booting.

Greets,

slideshowbob