On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 3:42 PM, Chris Laprise <tas...@openmailbox.org> wrote:
> On 02/27/2017 03:11 PM, Holger Levsen wrote:
>> On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 02:56:53PM -0500, Jean-Philippe Ouellet wrote:
>>> I still have issues with suspend/resume. Sometimes it fails to resume,
>>> and sometimes it fails to suspend (leading to a hot backpack and/or
>>> quickly dead battery).
>>
>> what are your exact symptoms? mine are: suspend works nicely, but no
>> resume
>> (no reaction at all in fact) once I press the keys to wake up my machine,
>> which is a X260, also skylake, also 4.8.12 + xen 4.6.4.
>>
>> -> this doesnt happen always, but around 20% of the time or so. Pretty
>> often.

It often seems to suspend correctly (backlight turns off, fans turn
off, power consumption minimal (does not get hot over time), and power
button & top-cover LEDs start pulsing) but does not wake on any input
(keyboard, touchpad, or pushing the power button). In order to recover
from this state I must press and hold the power button for several
(~3-5?) seconds. Interestingly, pressing the power button again
appears to start the normal power-on sequence (keyboard flashes, power
button led turns solid-on, etc.) but does not actually boot (IIRC
hangs at black screen after lenovo logo splash or something), and I
need to hold it an additional time (IIRC turning off after ~1 second)
and turn it on again. It always boots fine this 2nd time. This happens
about once a day.

Very occasionally (~ once a week) it will fail to suspend. I close the
laptop, and the backlight turns off and stops responding to input, but
the power status LED on the outside of the lid stays solid red (does
not begin pulsating), the fans stay on, and will get hot if put in a
backpack.

>> I think we should file an issue in the "real" tracker… (or is there one
>> already? I think I tried searching for one, but didnt fine any…)

Not sure where you mean. kernel.org? xenproject.org? qubes-issues?

>> I'd also be glad to try a 4.9 or 4.10 based kernel…

Yeah... I've been meaning to get around to building one, but... free time :(
Same for investigating xen 4.8.

> Do either of you use anti-evil-maid? That, with recent versions of Xen,
> seems to be one of the triggers for this behavior.

I boot this machine via EFI. I am not aware of ever having gotten
legacy booting to work on this hardware (which is required for AEM
[1]).

[1]:
https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-antievilmaid/commit/4264f113b85085d20e4d8cacc5d2a0ae196af1ed