On 03/04/2017 04:54 AM, jimmy.dack...@gmail.com wrote:
> I really like transparent Terminal windows and would like to use them
> in AppVMs. They work on the dom0 Terminal, no sweat. But when I try
> to set the Background to transparent in the Terminal Preferences in
> any Fedora-24 AppVM I get: "Sorry, your Window Manager does not
> support compositing: Opacity setting is not available."
AFAIR, having transparent/semitransparent windows from AppVMs is a
potential security problem: rogue software may overlay hard-to-spot
windows on top of legitimate software to get confirmations/other actions
performed by an unsuspecting user.

So if something like this gets ever implemented in the GUI daemon (maybe
when wayland is supported?), I hope that I can disable the
functionality; it would be even better if that was disabled by default,
and had to be turned on by the user.

--
Alex