On 03/07/2017 09:23 PM, Unman wrote:
On Tue, Mar 07, 2017 at 11:05:59AM -0800, raahe...@gmail.com wrote:
On Tuesday, March 7, 2017 at 7:18:05 AM UTC-5, Sybil wrote:
On 03/01/2017 10:01 AM, Andrew David Wong wrote:
Qubes OS releases are normally supported for six months after each subsequent
major or minor release (see [Supported Versions] and [Version Scheme]). In
accordance with this policy, Qubes 3.1, which was released on 2016-03-09, is
scheduled to reach end-of-life (EOL) on 2017-03-29 --- six months after Qubes
3.2 was released on 2016-09-29. We strongly urge all current Qubes 3.1 users to
upgrade to Qubes 3.2 or newer before 2017-03-29. As always, newer releases are
available on the [downloads] page.

With Fedora 23 being EOL (2016-12-20) too, shouldn't there be an update
by now anyway? (Or some document on how to upgrade the core parts to
Fedora 24 or 25?)

https://fedoramagazine.org/fedora-23-end-of-life/
"After December 20th, all packages in the Fedora 23 repositories will no
longer receive security, bugfix, or enhancement updates, and no new
packages will be added to the Fedora 23 collection."

Sybil

yes there is one already.
https://www.qubes-os.org/news/2016/11/15/fedora-24-template-available/   I
guess you need to upgrade to qubes 3.2 first.

I think the concern was more with "the core parts" in dom0 -
EOL here isn't critical at all, as is explicitly covered in the docs:
www.qubes-os.org/doc/supported-versions.

I am already on the Fedora 24 templates (except for dom0, obviously).

Thank, Unman. Indeed, my concern was regarding the "core parts" and even though it's not /that/ critical, I'm always a bit nervous about EOLs.

This eased my mind a bit:
"These components are security-critical, and we provide updates for all of them (when necessary), regardless of the support status of the base distribution. For this reason, we consider it safe to continue using a given base distribution in dom0 even after it has reached end-of-life."

Sybil