Am 03/10/2017 um 02:04 AM schrieb sm8ax1:
> Grzesiek Chodzicki:

>>> youtube is ok, but some streaming-sites not.
>>> but, as i said, i dont really know, if these sites use HTML5 or Flash...
>>> i thought it was HTML5 and was wondering, why has youtube no problem but
>>> other sites do.
>>
>> That is actually not a Qubes-specific issue, this has to do with Flash no
>> longer being supported on linux by Adobe. Try these sites on Google Chrome
>> (which has its own Flash plugin).
>>

> Actually, Adobe got a wild hare and decided to revive Flash for Linux
> after a four year hiatus (v23 from v11.2). This source also suggests
> that Firefox will support the NPAPI version. It warns that the NPAPI
> version has limited features and doesn't support things like hardware
> acceleration or DRM. I know there are working packages of v24 or so
> under Mint and Arch, other distros might be another story (but you can
> probably `make install` if you have to).
>
> http://www.pcworld.com/article/3116409/linux/adobe-revives-flash-for-firefox-on-linux-after-axing-it-four-years-ago.html
>
> There are also alternatives like Gnash, Lightspark, Shumway, etc.
>
> https://www.linux.com/learn/weekend-project-open-source-alternatives-adobe-flash-linux
>
> Shumway does the emulation internally and exists only as a Firefox
> extension, so it's very easy to install and see if it works on your
> desired site.
>
> http://www.areweflashyet.com/
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Shumway
>
> Realistically Chrome is the most likely one to work, I just wanted to
> mention these in case it doesn't or another one is better suited.

> ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the
> NSA's hands!
> $24.95 ONETIME Lifetime accounts with Privacy Features!
> 15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas!
> Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!

thanks!
actually i don't want to have flash because of the security... but in a
standalone machine it would be ok, think so..

now i have installed chrome and it works, so the site doesn't seem to
have HTML5.

i will try shumway for firefox.

the thing why i don't like to use chrome is google... i dont think, you
can stop chrome from speaking to the google servers.

thanks for the links!