On 03/10/2017 08:05 PM, cooloutac wrote:

>>> To recreate the debian-8 menu you should be able to run
>>> qvm-sync-appmenus. (You'll need to start the template first.)
>>> This is referred to at www.qubes-os.org/doc/managing-appvm-shortcuts
>>>
>>> There have been numerous threads about using and abusing the menu
>>> system in xfce - please search and read them before posting here.
>>
>> main problem with xfce menu editor is it doesn't let you "abuse" it lol.
>> like creating or deleting new entries.  Which would be much easier then
>> editing some files like a developer.
>>
>> Would that command also help other default shortcuts like shortcut for dom0
>> desktop settings?
>
> Actually  I gotta say Bernhard if that happened to me I would freak the heck
> out and probably reinstall the whole system from another iso.  Do you know
> how it happened or what you were doing possibly cuased it, if I'm
> understanding you correctly? You are missing the settings shortcut? Were you
> tinkering with anything?

This is not the only 'strange' thing, and I wait the first occasion of 1
day without anything good to do to reinstall everything. Hope this
happens before Q4 comes out .. I already tested emergency backup of
data, via a live-usb key break-in into my crypto-descs. Knowing that I
am able to do that is relaxing a lot :)

So: Unman's command worked for debian menu item, but it does not work
for dom0.
Would be too easy! But he pointed a page to read, so I rtfm.

Thnaks a lot, guys! Bernhard