On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 07:42:23AM -0800, Rainer Hörbe wrote:
> I installed Qubes R3.2 on a Gigabyte Brix and it worked nicely for a couple
> of weeks. Recently id started displaying the notification "Disconnected - the
> network connection has been disconnected" after login. And in fact no IP was
> acquired from the DHCP server.
>
> When I boot from CentOS etc. there is no problem to connect via ethernet. I
> reinstalled Qubes, but the problem remains. I can, however, attache to Wifi.
>
> I looked into various VMs, but the networking concept is quite different to
> plain vanilla linux and I did not find a doc page to troubleshoot the problem.
>
> - Rainer

The network connection is controlled in sys-net (assuming that you have
kept the default install).
If you open a terminal there you will find it's just vanilla linux as
far as networking goes. You dont say what the wifi card is,but it's
possible that you need to update your drivers or set a specific
configuration.
Remember to do this in the template that sys-net uses.

Also, it's very simple to switch the template and see if you have more
success in maintaining a connection using a Debian template. You can
make this change from the Qubes manager, by looking at and changing
qube settings. (You will need to reboot sys-net to start suing the new
Template.)

Hope this helps

unman