W dniu sobota, 18 marca 2017 15:08:35 UTC+1 użytkownik Unman napisał:
> On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 03:41:49AM -0700, Grzesiek Chodzicki wrote:
> > I've experienced this issue myself and I saw some people complaining about
> > it on the mailing list. Sometimes Qubes takes forever to poweroff.
> >
> > The issue is caused by the fact that for some unknown reason machines with
> > PCI devices attached take forever to shutdown and sometimes need to be
> > manually killed from within VM Manager. After manually killing them, the
> > system will shutdown normally.
> >
> > So, here's the fix:
> >
> > In Dom0 run qvm-prefs -s sys-net pci_e820_host false
> >
> > Repeat that for sys-usb and any other machine that holds a PCI device.
> >
> > Your system should shut down normally after this.
> >
> > No, I don't know how or why this works but I know that it solved the issue
> > on my machine. Explanation welcome. I'll add this to documentation once we
> > have a confirmation that this is 100% reproducible.
> >

> I'd be reluctant to propose this as a tip as is, because it will almost
> certainly break networking for some users.
> We specifically set pci_e820 to address user problems. I don't know what
> the intersection is between those for whom this is a fix and those for
> whom shutdown is slow/doesn't happen.
>
> Have you tried the solution suggested here before of shutting down other
> vms first, then sys-usb and sys-net? Andrew, I think, posted a simple
> script that he uses. I suspect that that will have more impact with
> fewer consequences than this proposal, but user experience will be key
> here: comments ?

Yes, I did try that, this is how I found out that on my system it is not
possible to cleanly shut down VMs that hold PCI devices. If I try shutting down
sys-net the VM Manager hangs for a few minutes, then the entire system stops
responding then the machine gets killed, then VM manager throws an exception
and then system becomes responsive again. After setting pci_e820_host to False
I can cleanly shutdown sys-net and sys-usb just like any other VM.