On 03/23/2017 09:01 AM, nazzaroth.yout...@web.de wrote:
Hello everyone

Originally while i installed Qubes for the first time i had a problem configuring it. I
had the standard choices and also whonix templates set but while the setup configured
qubes at some point it always stoped working. I think it was something like "Qubes
Configuration Setup" and the little bar that goes left to right stopped moving.

i tried different choices but this problem persisted. so in the end i tried the
no configuration (advanced user) option. it indeed helped me to get to the
desktop of qubes, but ofc now i have the problem of no preconfiguration and i
certainly aint an advanced user.

i tried to install whonix the way its written in the docs, but when i try to update the
template vms i get the error "updateVM not setup, exiting". i would guess cause
i have no vms configured not even sysnet or sysfirewall.

is it complicated to config qubes yourself? i'd be glad about any instructions
on that front.
or if its possible to go back to the initial configuration setup and then fix
the bug of the setup stopping in the middle i would ofc do that too.

thanks everyone for reading and helping me :)

When you right-click on each VM and view the logs, do you see errors?

Also, have you checked the HCL to see if your model of computer has compatibility problems with Qubes?

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@openmailbox.org
https://twitter.com/ttaskett