On 27 March 2017 at 18:19, Andrew David Wong <a...@qubes-os.org> wrote:

They won't be identical until we achieve reproducible builds:

> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/816

The builds are significantly different. The main difference that I noted
was that while the image I can download from the Qubes site is
approximately 4 GB in size, the one I built from source is 2.3 GB.

Also, using the home-built image, the graphics is incredibly slow, taking
several seconds to repaint the screen on the laptop on which I am doing my
tests. The official image doesn't have that issue. These two facts alone
suggests to me that there are some major components missing from the image
that I built.

Finally, I have to report that I can't get the network running on the Dell
Latitude 7480 even with a home-built image. Thus, I have to conclude that
until a new release (3.2.1 or 4.0), this machine can't be used with Qubes.
This is sad, since hardware-wise it'd be a perfect machine for the purpose.

Regards,
Elias