Well, are you sure that the vast majority of computers have just one USB
controller? I find it pretty common even now to have both USB 2 and USB 3
ports. Well, my laptop (though it is quite older) has separate USB2 and USB3
with separate controllers. But maybe today's laptops have both USB2 and USB3
ports handled by the same controller, I don't know.

DVM for sys-usb would be cool, but I don't think it is possible today. The main
challenge is probably to attach a PCI device to DVM. Well, maybe if you
clone/tune qfile-daemon-dvm or related files… After you attach the USB
controller to the DVM, you have essentially won; you will probably need just to
upload and run some script (for starting the input proxy) to the USBDVM. Thos
should be trivial, compared to attaching the USB device.

I understand why you want an external ergonomic keyboard. I also have one and I
wouldn't want to switch back…

Regards,
Vít Šesták 'v6ak'