I am trying to grab a mouse pointer in order to be fully controllable by the
app. Alternatively, it would be OK to attach an external mouse to a VM (PVM,
PVM with loopback VNC, HVM, I don't care much which variant would be used…) and
make it working.

Grabbing the mouse from dom0 does not seem to be easy. And even if I manage it
to be grabbed, I would probably break inter-VM communicating  unless the
protocol is redesigned. So, it is probably a dead-end now.

I've tried to connect an USB mouse directly to AppVM (through qvm-usb), I see
it in lsusb and /dev/input/mouse0, but I am not able to use it – the laser does
not even light. I've tried xfce4-mouse-settings in both bare AppVM and TigerVNC
loopback, but the mouse was not there, even after adding /dev/input/mice to
xorg-qubes.conf-template.

I've also tried a Ubuntu 16.04 HVM. It would probably work after passing the
mouse here. But passing the mouse input to Ubuntu is not so easy. I've tried to
install Debian's qubes-usb-proxy (both jessie and stretch; I know this is both
dirty and risky), but it wants to remove some packages, including Xorg. so,
this would require more work…

Maybe I should pass the mouse through network. I can use either usbip (but I
have no network in sys-usb, so I would have to do it through an extra proxy…)
or via some mouse-specific software.

Passing whole USB controller to the HVM is not an option for me today. It might
be a viable (but non-preferred) way later when I buy a VT-d-capable laptop.

Regards,
Vít Šesták 'v6ak'