On 03/28/2017 12:27 PM, Nemo wrote:
I'm really having a lot of trouble getting consistent results with the
updates proxy. I've managed to break it on Firewall as well, despite
only removing and then re-adding qubes-updates-proxy (as far as I can tell).

Could you please help me by listing the elements required for it to work?

Eg

* TemplateVM
** Firewall page
*** Allow connections to Updates Proxy: checked

* ProxyVM(can be VPN or Firewall)
** Firewall page
*** Allow access to 10.137.255.254:8082 <http://10.137.255.254:8082> (or
just all)
** Services page
*** qubes-updates-proxy listed and checked
*** yum-updates-proxy must not be listed
** Packages
*** tinyproxy (tinyproxy.x86_64) must be installed
** CLI firewall rules
*** Official VPN documentation rules are fine, other rules might cause
problems

* Net
** Must have internet access

Is there anything else?

Where it says "Allow access to 10.137.255.254:8082"... I would get rid of that on all proxyVMs and template VMs, at least while testing. Firewall pages should also be set like default; For proxyVMs that is "Allow access except + empty list + Allow DNS + Allow ICMP". The qubes-updates-proxy service is enabled /only/ for the downstream proxyVM.

Once you have it working with default settings, you can try re-adding your other rules one-by-one while testing them.

Chris Laprise, tas...@openmailbox.org
https://twitter.com/ttaskett