On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 5:31 AM, Chris Laprise <tas...@openmailbox.org> wrote:
> xdotool also lets you inject keystrokes into windows.
>
> With a shortcut-key assignment this can be easily scripted by the user (you
> said this was for power users).

Automatically injecting the keystrokes removes the "just watch the
window title and don't paste if it changed" mitigation which Shane
claimed as sufficient to make this attack preventable rather than just
detectable.

Overall I think this concept is simply too dangerous because you are
ignoring the actual origin of the browser and authenticating based
entirely on fully attacker-controlled information. Sure, you could be
super careful, but you're still pointing the gun at your foot.