> I think having a graphics driver that disables any auxiliary modes (on
> the GPU) would be a reasonable first step in addressing the issue. It
> may also be possible to disable HDMI ports in favor of simpler ones like
> VGA. I'm not sure how much input DVI and Displayport allow, but I think
> there's a chance that DVI is similar to VGA in this regard.

I just mention that even good-old VGA has a bidirecional serial
communication build-in (google: vga & I2C).   Bernhard

P.S: A side remark is that this may be turned in a feature rather than a
problem : it is a way to replace usb for some applications (yubikey type
cards for example, where transmission speed is not a problem).