On Sunday, April 2, 2017 at 5:09:05 PM UTC-7, Drew White wrote:

> The thing about the licensing is that IF you get permission from Apple to use
> the OS under Qubes then you can. Even if it is not on Apple Hardware.

Good luck. Apple has not done this for ANYONE, even the big names, since Steve
Jobs came back. That door is closed. The way is shut. For our purposes, it's
not a real option.

> If you get permission to do so then you can. There is no issue there.
>
> 1. The developers won't make it happen because they think it's breaking the
> licensing to get permission to run it.
>
> 2. It isn't breaking the agreement if you have permission from Apple to do
> the specified things.

See the above. Short answer, if we can make it work such that it works on Apple
laptops, no issue (and that work would likely carry over to non-Apple laptops,
"incidentally" as it were.

> 3. I have patches and all that allow it to work in 3.0, all that one has to
> do is update it to run properly on 4. But it can patch 3.1, however the
> updates in 3.2 mean the patches need to be updated more.

So let's make that happen. There's an active ticket open
(https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/1982) but I imagine it would
require a fair piece of work. (and I sure as shit don't know enough about
hypervisor underpinnings to even take a stab at that).

> 4. Why use Google "a bunch" when you can just look on this forum and read
> this thread?

Because there are additional resources that might contribute knowledge and help
- specifically the ones involving OS X on QEMU.

> 5. Do both, because you should always celebrate both successes and failures.
> From failure, you learn, from success, not so much.

*toasts*