On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 9:38:26 PM UTC+2, Mark Elston wrote:
> I tried searching on this platform and qubes and haven't found anyone yet who
> has posted anything so here goes.  I tried to install 3.2 on the Intel Skull
> Canyon Skylake NUC with Iris Pro Gfx.  Tried UEFI mode and it seems to
> install fine but when I reboot it says "No bootable.." on startup.  If I try
> to install in Legacy Mode it seems unable to start graphical installer and
> goes into a text-only mode.  So finally I took a working install from a
> small/regular NUC that has been working fine, and when it boots it seems to
> go into text mode as well.  I'm guessing maybe a gfx driver issue, but not
> sure if there is an easy way to update/fix.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

You are following the guide written at the Qubes website here...
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/uefi-troubleshooting/
Which is not very easy to follow..

Your problem is either the first or the third (I did not really understand
which mine was either, so I followed both).

1) reinstall qubes, and at the end of the install, follow # 4, 5, 11, 12, etc.
on the first "problem".

2)  On reboot, boot into a live cd of some sort (anything where you can get a
terminal, I used Ubuntu because it's easy on the eyes).  You are now trying to
fix the third problem on the "troubleshooting" page.
When I tried to copy the /boot/efi/EFI..., I got an fstab error.  Because the
drive isn't mounted.  I ran..
""
sudo umount /dev/YourQubesDrive
mkdir /tmp/MyDrive
sudo mount -o rw /dev/YourQubesDrive /tmp/MyDrive
"""
where YourQubesDrive is the drive you have just installed qubes on.  I used
gparted to make sure that it was the right one, but you can look where you're
installing qubes as you're installing it or there is probably some linux
command to do so.
I got that info from..
https://askubuntu.com/questions/794468/mount-cant-find-dev-sdb1-in-etc-fstab-or-etc-mtab

Then you can copy the stuff over from within the folder you made.  reboot after.
cd /tmp/MyDrive