On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 12:28:30AM +0200, u+q...@bestemt.no wrote:
> So I've added an entry to ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list in
> my DispVM and opening files of the corresponding type with
> qvm-open-in-dvm works just as it should (opening the files in the
> desired app in a new DispVM).
>
> But if I try to run xdg-open in a DispVM with the same file, it does not
> open in the application specified in that mimeapps.list file, nor does
> mimeopen reference it.
>
> So qvm-open-in-dvm cannot use xdg-open or mimeopen. How does it
> determine which application to open a file in, then?
>
> Or: Which command opens files (in the same VM) according to the entries
> in that mimeapps.list file?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> --
> ubestemt

I'm pretty sure this is one of those distro/desktop things, because it
works for me as expected, although you havent said what application or
filetype is concerned. Nor what Template you are using.

It works as expected on Debian and Ubuntu DVMTemplates, using xdg-mime
default ..

If you run xdg-mime query default <filetype> in a disposableVM what do you get?

unman