*hope this isn't dup, tried via gmane, but dont see that it appeared....

---

Update of qubes.foo.* and Xen-4.6.4-26.fc23 x86_64 packages in Dom0 -> slow lagging mouse and window behavior ; luckily I new qube user and just kept reinstalling, which fixed the behaviour, I've update debian and fedora and whonix now and all is well, however, I'd like to update dom0 but don't trust it, after specifically updating only the packages labeled qubes-xxx and Xen-xxx , rebooting and confirming the problem.

I have the installation on a standalone SSD , and I have another HD with Fedora OS in the same machine.

I'm wondering can I clone the SSD of Qubes as a backup in case I try to update dom0 again ..... or is there any alternative, suggestion , I don't have the logs from the bad dom0 updates because I reinstalled over the top ...

I was told on reddit that this is a known issue, however, reviewing the newsgroup I don't see any mention of lag after dom0 updates, I not expert level with linux , but used Debian back in the day , so can handle a certain level of tweaking only

thanks in advance,  Pimm