On 04/30/2017 09:54 AM, almir.aljic1...@gmail.com wrote:
So I followed this guide to randomize my mac address:

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/anonymizing-your-mac-address/

At the beginning of the guide it prompts me to create a new NetVM in
a debian-9 template, which I did. This is the part of the guide I am
referring to:

"Next, create a new NetVM using the new template and assign network
devices to it."

I created a new NetVM, named it macspoof and assigned my ethernet and
wifi network devices to it. Then, I followed the rest of the guide
and now my mac address does change whenever I restart sys-net. Here
comes what I'm concerned about:

I no longer have internet access via my sys-net VM. I now have to go
through the new NetVM I created (the 'macspoof' VM) in order to
access the internet, so my sys-firewall has the macspoof VM as its
netVM.

Is that how it's supposed to be? Or am I still supposed to be using
the sys-net VM to access the internet?

That's pretty much how its supposed to be: A network device can only be assigned to one /running/ netVM at a time.

However, you can assign different network devices to each netVM. For example, only ethernet in sys-net and only wifi in macspoof. Then both netVMs would be able to run simultaneously.

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@openmailbox.org
https://twitter.com/ttaskett