On 05/02/2017 01:36 PM, cooloutac wrote:
> What do you mean by pocket router?  Is this like a cheap little router to
> dongle off your pc?  it seems interesting because I definitely can't trust my
> home router at all...

I mean something like this:

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Networking/WL330gE/

It's the model I have, but it's old and no longer supported by Asus.
There used to be OpenWRT support for it, but no longer because of the
low RAM size. There is a newer model:

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Networking/WL330NUL/

but I don't know much about it or if it's supported by open-source
firmware. But maybe devices like these could help guard against similar
exploits to the one being discussed in this thread, assuming the router
firmware can be protected too. But then again, who knows what other
holes the ME stuff may have? Something like this could be as futile as
trying to plug one hole of many in a sponge.