On 05/06/2017 12:30 PM, Todd Lasman wrote:

This seems to be a new issue on a recent reboot.

If I try to run a program from a VM that's not yet running, the VM
starts as expected, but the program never runs. Even after the VM is up
and running, I can't get any program to run in that VM. Even opening a
window in dom0 and using the qvm-run command does nothing.

However, if I kill the VM, the next time I try to run a program (which
reopens the VM), it works perfectly.

Any thoughts on troubleshooting this?

Thanks.

This is a long-term issue and the reports usually center around nautilus (Files) because that it the most prone to the behavior.

See https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2449

I believe its caused by gnome expecting some session-related daemon to be already running when it tries to start a program.

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@openmailbox.org
https://twitter.com/ttaskett