On 05/08/2017 02:25 PM, Ted Brenner wrote:
Yeah, I've just struggled with installing the libraries to play
protected content. The documentation for Linux doesn't seem to be very
good nor very up-to-date. But I can attach the DVD in an AppVM and I do
have VLC installed. Just can't get over the next hurdle.

Have you tried the Debian template? It has good codec support.

Installation:

dom0$ sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-template-debian-8

Setup:

debian$ sudo tasksel install desktop gnome-desktop
(this will pull in programs like LibreOffice, too)

debian$ sudo apt-get install vlc totem

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@openmailbox.org
https://twitter.com/ttaskett