Hi there,
Yes, in fact, this issue I've encountered not only with qubes but with all
major Linux distributions I have installed so far on the Yoga 900.

Workaround: Install a custom kernel implementing the following small change

Add in the line
dev->sda_hold_time = 30;

In /drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-designware-platdrv.c

After
dw_i2c_acpi_params(pdev, "FMCN"... sda_hold_time);
It's somewhere around line 130 if I remember correctly

Compile and install the custom kernel in qubes according to the official guide
at https://qubes-os.org/doc/managing-vm-kernel

Hope this helps!
Ben

A: http://five.sentenc.es