Hello everyone. I'm running qubes 3.2 and I love it.

Today I messed up and it's got my stomach in knots. I switched to my windows
ssd for a legacy task that i have yet to migrate to linux. After I finished, i
told the laptop to shut down. Then, perhaps too quickly, i closed the lid,
flipped it over, pulled off the cover, took out the windows ssd and put in the
qubes ssd. When i flipped it back over, to my horror i realized the laptop was
still powered on.

Immediately i fear i have either shorted the ssd or corrupted it.

When I boot, it reached the password screen. After I enter my password it
enters emergency mode. As instructed, i ran journalctl. The only errors are
near the end, where it says:
/dev/mapper/qubes_dom0-root contains a file system with errors, check forced.
Then fsck failed with error code 4, and then a file system check failed on
qubes_dom0-root. (See attached picture)

I ran fsck /dev/mapper/qubes_dom0-root, but said no to every prompt, as I have
no experience in this situation and I fear making things worse. But I did want
to see what it had to say.

Next I boot to the qubes install USB stick and choose Rescue a Qubes system.
It reaches a point where Rescue asks me to choose:
1. find and mount the installed OS to /mnt/sysimage,
2. Mount it as read-only,
3. skip to shell, or
4. quit.

I chose to continue. I enter my password when prompted, then it tells me that
it has been mounted under /mnt/sysimage, and that I am able to mount it with
chroot /mnt/sysimage.

I ran chroot /mnt/sysimage, and it said:
bash: /tmp/.bashrc: Structure needs cleaning

I'm not sure what to do here but I assume I would be able to do something if I
only knew what.

It appears I have two potential courses of action: run the fsck, say yes to
everything and hope for the best, or perhaps attempt something else from the
chroot. However, I am new to linux. Usually I'm fairly cautious and don't get
myself into these sorts of situations, but alas, here I am.

I'm terrified of making things worse. I would rather wait to hear from the
community on how to proceed. I would be grateful for any help in rescuing my
data. I promise to do a full backup immediately after getting it running again.
I am at your mercy.