On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 10:21:37AM -0400, Chris Laprise wrote:
> On 05/16/2017 10:06 AM, Chris Laprise wrote:
> > On 05/15/2017 06:46 PM, Sam Hentschel wrote:
> > > Hey All,
> > >
> > > Another question, why is it that the qvm-convert-pdf function returns a
> > > file that is slgihtly fuzzy?
> > >
> > > I keep lots of copies of important documents that I want to convert to
> > > secure pdfs since they don't need to have anything other than an image.
> > > However, I need them to be as clear as possible so I can print them back
> > > out as if they were the original.
> > >
> > > Using qvm-convert-pdf currently makes a really fuzzy copy.  How can I
> > > fix this (if at all)?
> > >

> > The line that does the rendering in qpdf-convert-server looks like this:
> >
> >     pdftocairo $INPUT_FILE -png -f $PAGE -l $PAGE -singlefile $(basename
> > $TEMP_PNG_FILE .png)
> >
> > No resolution is specified and the pdftocairo man page says the default
> > res is 150 PPI. You could add the -r parameter for more resolution,
> > though you may also have to adjust MAX_IMG_WIDTH and HEIGHT in
> > qpdf-convert-client.
> >

> I created a Qubes issue for this:
>
> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2812
>
> --
>
> Chris Laprise, tas...@openmailbox.org
> https://twitter.com/ttaskett
> PGP: BEE2 20C5 356E 764A 73EB  4AB3 1DC4 D106 F07F 1886

Thanks, I was wondering if it was issue worthy or not.  I didn't know if
it was something that could be fixed.

I may go ahead and try to patch qvm-convert-pdf then (if I have a free
day or two) seems like it should be relatively easy (with the
information you gave me).

I feel I would just add the option to specify the resolution via a -r
flag (or as part of the arguments), and still allow just the pdf for
backwards compatability.

--
Respectfully,
Sam Hentschel