devr...@gmail.com:
> Hmm.  Two devices with the same major:minor numbers? /dev/mapper/dmroot &
> /dev/dm-0
>
> /dev/mapper/dmroot does not appear in Dom0, nor does any error appear in
> journalctl.  I do find that device in sys-{net,firewall,whonix,usb} and in
> those cases it always appears as:
>
> ls -l /dev/mapper/dmroot
> brw-rw---- 1 root disk 251, 0 May 13 20:11 /dev/mapper/dmroot
>
> lsblk /dev/xvdc
> NAME       MAJ:MIN RM  SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
> xvdc       202:32   1 11.5G  0 disk
> ├─xvdc1    202:33   1    1G  0 part [SWAP]
> └─xvdc2    202:34   1 10.5G  0 part
>   └─dmroot 251:0    0   10G  0 dm   /
>
> In each of these VM's I find only one error related to dmroot.  On a single
> bootup (but not subsequently) and in all the VM's:
>
> May 13 02:56:21 fedora-25 systemd-udevd[7757]: conflicting device node
> '/dev/mapper/dmroot' found, link to '/dev/dm-0' will not be created
>
> In all those VM's I also find:
>
> ls -l /dev/dm-0
> brw-rw---- 1 root disk 251, 0 May 13 20:11 /dev/dm-0
>
> Notice the same major:minor numbers as /dev/mapper/dmroot

I'm also getting this error from my usb vm on startup. It has a Fedora24
template. The template is untouched from initial Qubes install, aside
from updates via qubes-vm-r3.2-current-testing repo.

For me the issue just started today for no obvious reason.

--
qubenix
GPG: B536812904D455B491DCDCDD04BE1E61A3C2E500