On 05/20/2017 01:51 PM, Vít Šesták wrote:
>> I am wondering if Haswell and newer is more tightly
>> bound to the Intel ME to the point where those machines actually need
>> the driver enabled to work correctly. I don't think that's the case, but
>> a sanity check would be useful.
> It it just about testing if everything works well, or should I try to look at
> something specific?
>
> Regards,
> Vít Šesták 'v6ak'

Mostly right now, I'm concerned about regressions in hardware support;
the hardware I have access to test on is limited (Sandy Bridge,
Westmere, and a Core 2 Quad Q6600) so while things work fine for me
(I've actually moved on to 4.11 in dom0 now since the Hardened Kernel
Community Project is working hard to port grsecurity features to that
tree and have made patches available), I don't know if this kernel will
work fine for others as is.

In regards to the ME, in addition to Intel hardware support working
properly, I suppose I'm curious if the machine will run longer than 30
minutes without the ME driver (although maybe that's just a Windows
thing; I don't know).