On 05/20/2017 11:51 PM, David Seaward wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to change the desktop shell for dom0, for example from
> XFCE to GNOME?
>
> Additionally, I'm used to getting some degree of application/shell
> integration: notifications, tray icons, widgets (e.g. a controller for
> the music app). Do VM apps integrate with the dom0 shell?
>
> Regards,
> David

If you mean the terminal program, you could probably just install it:

sudo qubes-dom0-update gnome-terminal

As for AppVM notifications, if you're asking if tray icons appear in the
notification bar or if app pop up messages appear, they usually do work.
I don't know about desktop widgets, though; I'm thinking no.