On 05/21/2017 12:56 AM, fooyreb wrote:
Helo,  So, I've setup a proxyVM for the VPN, via the "CLI version"
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/vpn/

However, when I suspend Qubes, and wakeup Qubes, the networking is lost,
I then have to shut down or alter the network choice for 2-3 AppVMs that
use it and restart the ProxyVM, I'd rather not do this.

Is there some argument or tweak to change this type behaviour, or is
this by design, that this happens?   for my "security"  :)

I'd include the log, if I knew where to find the right one .....

sorry if this isn't too qube-y of a question, maybe it is ....

Openvpn often can't reset an existing tun device to restart a connection, so if your config specifies "persist tun" it could fail to reconnect. Commenting-out the "persist tun" line causes openvpn to remove and recreate the tun device for each connection; this works for me.

You can also manage the connection (tell it to start/stop and check status) and have it auto-restart if you configure it like a systemd service as shown here:

https://github.com/tasket/Qubes-vpn-support

Here's a recent thread from someone with a similar problem:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/qubes-users/hKvV7ajyIZ8/Jlvt0OXwBQAJ

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@openmailbox.org
https://twitter.com/ttaskett