On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 10:00 AM, Finsh <finshameri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i recently got interested in the Qubes and i'm thinking on installing it
> on a Lenovo X1 Carbon 1gen Type: 3460-1F4.
>
> I couldn't find this specific Model in the HCL, are there any known issues?

I also ran on a 1st gen X1 (lenovo type 3443, 16gb ram, some
2xxx-series i7, 256gb disk) for a few months on stock BIOS. I only
switched to a newer (4th gen) X1 because I had a hardware failure on
my old one. If I didn't need to resume being productive immediately I
would have preferred to fix the old one rather than replace it,
especially so in hindsight given that I just lived with broken
suspend/resume for a while on my 4th gen (fixed now).

All hardware was well-supported IIRC, and it was more than adequate
performance-wise, even for my usual workload of ~10 simultaneous VMs
and lots of compiling stuff.

The fact that it allegedly runs coreboot almost makes me wanna try to
fix it and go back to it! :) IIRC it even had external USB ports on
separate USB controllers whereas my 4th-gen X1 does not. Overall a
solid Qubes laptop, would recommend.

Cheers,
Jean-Philippe