On 05/28/2017 01:12 PM, Reg Tiangha wrote:
On 05/28/2017 10:43 AM, Finsh wrote:
Wy is the Macchanger method in the documentaion the way you should use to
change  the maccadress?
It looks a lot easyer to me just to update Networkmanager in fedora and use
this Methode?

Because the version of NetworkManager that supports randomizing the MAC
address properly doesn't appear until Fedora 25. So the other method is
the only way to do it on older Fedora templates (and on Debian 8 as well).

Since Finsh is already using Debian 9, which has the newer NM, I think that method should be used. The macchanger scripts are unreliable.

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@openmailbox.org
https://twitter.com/ttaskett